Featured Stories

thumb

Modeling PCB Interconnects with Geometry and Material Parameters Variations for 56 Gbps Links

Measured S-parameters and cross-sections of PCB interconnects are used in this paper to identify the parameters of electrical models suitable for statistical analysis of interconnects with manufacturing variations. The constructed models reproduce observed effects of geometry and material properties variations on the loss, delay, and impedance, and they are suitable for yield analysis of interconnects with up to 56 Gbps signals.

Read More
Istvan_Jan20Thumb

Why 2-Port Low-Impedance Measurements Still Matter

Measuring small resistance values is not trivial, but since 1861, when Lord Kelvin invented the Kelvin bridge,1 we at least have a solution for measuring very low DC resistances: the four-wire Kelvin connection (see Figure 1). We measure the resistance by sending a known current through the resistor and measure the voltage drop using separate wires.

Read More
EB blog 1.14

Bogatin’s 20 Rules for Engineers

Over the years, I have presented to and worked with thousands of engineers, from very young to very old. Many of the problems they bring to me have a small set of common answers. I’ve collected these into 20 basic rules of engineering.

Read More
top 10 articles thumb

Top 10 Articles for 2019

As rated by reader views, here are the Top 10 Articles on Signal Integrity Journal for 2019. Thank you for your readership in 2019, and we look forward to bringing you many more great technical features in 2020!

Read More