Featured Stories

Thumbnail  f4-part1

224 Gb/s Per Lane: Options and Challenges

With the growth of 5G data traffic and AI computing, data centers need faster connectivity to meet the increasing bandwidth. High speed I/O speed beyond 112 Gb/s per lane is required. If we follow the SerDes technology revolution by doubling the data rate per lane in every 2-3 years, the next generation I/O data rate will be 224 Gb/s. In this article, Cathy Liu explores options, technical challenges, and potential solutions to achieve 224 Gb/s per lane.

Read More
thumb rev

Why You Need to Care About Both S and Z Parameters for PDN

I often get questions from my fellow design engineers from around the world asking why we should or should not use S parameters or Z parameters for power distribution network (PDN) designs or validation.  The truth is, we should be familiar with both, because depending on our design and validation tools, one or the other may be better suited for the task. Read on to find out why.

Read More
keysight 3.15 image

Keysight Delivers the Power of Four Unique Instruments Through Single Graphical Interface

With Integrated Data Management, Analysis Capabilities

Keysight Technologies, Inc., has launched a portfolio of Smart Bench Essentials (SBE) lab bench products that deliver the power of four instruments, including a triple-output power supply, an arbitrary function generator, a digital multimeter and an oscilloscope, through one powerful graphical interface offering integrated data management and analysis capabilities.

Read More
revised thumb

Home Labs of the Stars

While many already had home lab setups for projects and exploring curiosities, the challenges of the global pandemic have driven many to ramp up their set ups and spend more time at their in-house benches. Over the years, Signal Integrity Journal has worked with many leading industry experts and stars in our field. Some have gamely agreed to play along with me and share images of their home labs. Enjoy the tour!

Read More
thumb

Low-Cost and Free Tools Fit for an Engineer’s Personal Budget

If you are missing your engineering tools, or would like to build up your home lab, or want to finally work on that hobby electronics project you’ve put off for the last five years, or you want to introduce your kids to the thrill of measuring or simulating, now would be a good time to consider our list of free or very low-cost hardware and software simulation tools.

Read More
edi con china PR 2.22

EDI CON Across China Launches in 2021

New Programs Announced for EDI CON CHINA in 2021

In response to the continuing challenges caused by the global pandemic, the organizers of EDI CON CHINA have decided to change the program for 2021 to ensure timely delivery of technical conference material to engineers across the country. Today, Horizon House announced that instead of a large in-person event this year, EDI CON CHINA 2021 will occur as EDI CON ACROSS CHINA 2021, which will include a virtual event paired with localized in-person conferences throughout China.

Read More
EDI CON Online news 2.9

EDI CON Online Continues To Drive Impressive Results

EDI CON Online, an interactive event that was held every Tuesday in October 2020, provided training and keynote sessions for engineers working in RF, microwave, EMC/EMI, signal integrity, and power integrity. The event held live online sessions that are still available to watch on demand, presented notable results with more than 7830+ sessions viewed and 6400+ unique registrants to date.

Read More