Blog Post

People Help Turn Those Laminates into Perfect PCBs

Specifying the optimum circuit laminate for an electronic design project is often a case of reviewing the numbers. Once all these numbers have been analyzed and reviewed, the field of PCB material choices narrows until, finally, the optimum circuit material for a project can be selected. But what happens next?

Read More
EDICON USA 2016

Six Cool Things I Saw at EDI CON 2016

If you missed the chance to attend the first EDI CON (Electronic Design Innovation Conference) in Boston last Aug, you missed the first conference to bring together industry participants across the spectrum of rf, microwave, wireless and high speed digital applications of signal integrity, power integrity and EMI. Rarely are these divergent, yet related fields addressed under one roof.

Read More
It Depends

Dispersion in Microstrip, Should I Care?

Which is better, tight coupled or loosely coupled differential pairs? How many decoupling capacitors should I use per power pin? Is 1 MHz enough bandwidth in my SSCG or do I need 3 MHz? Should I pay extra for ultra-thin dielectric in the power and ground planes? Will my channel still work if the channel impedance is 110 Ohms and not 100 Ohms?

Read More