Richardson RFPD, Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a new buck boost evaluation kit from Wolfspeed, a Cree Company.
The KIT-CRD-3DD12P buck boost evaluation kit is optimized to demonstrate the high-speed switching capability of Wolfspeed’s third generation (C3M) silicon carbide MOSFETs. The board features SMA connectors for monitoring the gate-to-source voltage. The SMA connectors offer cleaner waveforms than traditional probes and ground leads.
This evaluation kit supports 4-lead and 3-lead TO-247 package MOSFETs, as well as diodes in TO-247 and TO-220 packages. The kit contains a heatsink, thermal interface, inductor, needed hardware, and two Wolfspeed C3M MOSFETs.
The KIT-CRD-3DD12P can be run as a boost or as a buck converter. Supported topologies include:
- Synchronous boost converter
- Synchronous buck converter
- Non-synchronous boost converter
- Non-synchronous buck converter
- Full-bridge (requires 2 kits)
Electrical specifications of the new kit include:
- Max input voltage: 800 VDC
- Max output voltage: 800 VDC
- Output power: 2500 W (Higher power operation is possible with a different inductor)
- Switching frequency: 100 kHz (Higher frequency operation is possible but may require a different inductor)
To find more information or to purchase this product today online, please visit the KIT-CRD-3DD12P webpage.