Menlo Microsystems introduced a new dual double-pole/triple-throw (2x DP3T) switch at DesignCon in Santa Clara, CA. The MM5620 switch provides the highest performance and data rates for high-speed differential data applications.
It offers unprecedented levels of parallel testing on space-constrained final test and probe test for mobile phone, graphics, network processors, as well as microprocessor and high-speed memory products. Based on Menlo Micro’s industry-leading 32 Gbps MM5600 double-pole/double-throw (DPDT) switch currently in production, the MM5620 2x DP3T switch offers next-generation, high-speed operation from DC to 20 GHz with unprecedented data rates and RF signal linearity, delivering up to 64 Gbps (64 GT/s) of high-quality data signal integrity. The MM5620 switch’s system-in-package (SiP) solution fully integrates the switch driver and charge pump, along with loopback capacitors, offering significant board footprint reduction for high-volume production test solutions.
“The MM5620 provides the industry’s first fully-integrated differential loopback testing solution designed for demanding high-speed digital applications based on the latest PCIe Gen 5, Gen 6 and SerDes standards,” said Chris Giovanniello, Co-Founder and Senior Vice President of Marketing at Menlo Micro. “Faster data rates and high-speed buses are essential for next-generation artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), 5G infrastructure, data center and cloud-based connectivity applications. With the push to higher performance and the need to drastically reduce test costs, the MM5620 will help IC manufacturers increase their test coverage and yield, while increasing test throughput by up to 3x.”
Menlo Micro’s MM5620 DP3T represents the culmination of several important industry firsts:
- Integrated Loopback: The MM5620 provides a complete, end-to-end TX to RX differential loopback solution, including integrated decoupling capacitors, while also providing multiple high-speed connections back to the user test equipment.
- Compact design: The MM5620’s small-footprint and low-profile 8.2 mm x 8.2 mm x 1.6mm LGA package provides a 90 percent reduction in size over conventional electromagnetic relay (EMR) solutions. This significant volume reduction enables more test sites and easier top and/or bottom routing.
- 1000x faster switching: The MM5620’s ultra-fast switching speed (< 10 µs operation time and < 2 µs release time) is 1000x faster than EMRs, enabling reduced test time and cost-of-test.
- 1000x more reliable: The MM5620 provides unmatched reliability and can operate with more than three billion switching cycles, resulting in reduced downtime, maintenance and cost and a 1000x longer lifetime compared to conventional EMRs.
- Power efficient: The MM5620 operates at less than 9 mW, a significant reduction in power consumption compared to EMRs or other relays, making it the highest efficiency high-speed DP3T switching solutions available in the market.
To learn more about Menlo Micro, its Ideal Switch technology and the new MM5620 switch, stop by booth 908 at DesignCon 2023 or visit menlomicro.com.
For MM5620 Q2 2023 sample availability and pricing information, please contact a Menlo Micro sales representative.