Semtech Corporation announces production of its Tri-Edge™ GN2256. The GN2256 is a bidirectional analog PAM4 CDR with an integrated differential driver offering ultra-low latency, low power, and use of low cost 25Gbps bandwidth optics to operate at 50Gbps PAM4.
As 5G deployment continues to increase around the globe, different architectures based on geographic region and carrier preferences are needed to enable expansion in all areas. A key segment for 50Gbps PAM4 deployments will be WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing), that send and receive multiple signals using differing wavelengths on a single fiber. The GN2256 has a proprietary driver architecture that is suitable to enable such 50Gbps WDM optical solutions using EML and future silicon photonics MZM optics. The GN2256 combines Semtech’s proprietary analog Tri-Edge technology with enhanced laser driver compensation to enable IEEE and Open Eye MSA compliant optical modules over industrial temperature ranges.
“With the production of Semtech’s complete Tri-Edge 5G portfolio and complementary FiberEdge® ICs, we are ready to enable volume shipments for our optical module partners and system vendors,” said Raza Khan, senior market manager for Semtech’s Signal Integrity Products Group. “Semtech is now the one stop shop for our optical module partners and system vendors to enable worldwide 5G front haul deployments for all regions and all architectures.”
Semtech’s Tri-Edge CDR platform for 5G wireless includes:
- GN2255: Bidirectional 50Gbps PAM4 CDR with Integrated DML Driver
- GN2256: Bidirectional 50Gbps PAM4 CDR with Integrated EML/MZM Driver
Semtech’s comprehensive 5G wireless ClearEdge® CDR platform includes:
- GN2152: Bidirectional 24-28Gbps CDR with Integrated DML Driver
- GN2146: Bidirectional 24-28Gbps CDR with Integrated EML/MZM Driver
- GN2154: Bidirectional 24-28Gbps CDR with Integrated SE EML Driver
- GN2504C: Unidirectional Quad 25-28Gbps CDR
- GN2148: Single 24-28Gbps CDR with Integrated VCSEL Driver
- GN2149: Single 24-28Gbps CDR with Integrated TIA
Semtech’s 5G wireless FiberEdge™ TIA platform includes:
- GN1086: 24-28Gbps TIA
- GN1300: 24-28Gbps TIA for PIN ROSA applications
- GN1400: 24-28Gbps TIA for APD system applications
- GN1700: 50Gbps PAM4 TIA
The Tri-Edge GN2256 will be demonstrated at the Semtech booth #322 during the European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC) 2022, Sept. 18-22, in Basel, Switzerland. Register here.
Learn more about Semtech’s Tri-Edge portfolio here.