Three new analog products from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. aim to help designers reduce power consumption and solution size while improving measurement accuracy, The MAX6078A voltage reference IC, the MAX16155 nano power supervisor and the MAX16160 voltage monitor and reset IC achieve performance for cloud infrastructure, IoT, intelligence, on-device AI, as well as smart and applications in consumer, communications, industrial and medical markets.
As designers develop new and next-generation systems, they need reliable analog solutions to provide essential performance functions such as precision measurement and reliable protection. Maxim has added three new solutions to its Analog portfolio of high-performance, single-function analog ICs which provide efficient power, precision measurement, rugged connectivity and reliable protection:
- MAX6078A: Precision Voltage Reference
- The MAX6078A features ±0.04 percent initial accuracy, 20 percent more accurate than similar competitive devices. At 15µA quiescent current, the MAX6078A opens the potential for precision measurements on battery-powered and energy-harvesting systems. It operates at 6.6x less current than the closest competitive parts and, at 1.458mm x 1.288mm, is 58 percent smaller than competing solutions.
- MAX16155: Lowest Power nanoPower Supervisor
- The MAX16155 consumes just 400nA typical, or only 4 percent of the supply current that competitive solutions require, providing reliable system protection for virtually no power. It ensures portable, low-power devices operate safely in the event of a power failure or code error by monitoring a system rail for undervoltage fault and keeping the system in reset when it senses the fault along with a watchdog timer. The IC comes in a tiny, 6-pin SOT23 package.
- MAX16160: 4-Channel Voltage Monitor and Reset IC Without VCC Rail Power-Up Requirement
- The MAX16160 is the only 4-channel voltage monitor and reset IC that uniquely asserts reset low without requiring VCC rail if any of the rails is above 1V. It features reliable start-up and continuous operation of multi-supply systems by asserting output low. This "no-power power-up" eliminates unknown system states and reduces the burden on design engineers to accurately sequence their power rail startup. With a voltage monitoring accuracy of ±1 percent for all inputs, it is up to 50 percent more accurate than competitive offerings (commonly ±1.50 percent for all inputs). Its 6-bump WLP (1.408mm x 0.848mm) is 85 percent smaller than the closest competitor.