Littelfuse, Inc. introduced two series of bidirectional TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes) designed to protect high speed consumer electronics interfaces from damaging electrostatic discharge (ESD) in applications where PCB layout is especially challenging. The SP3208-01UTG, the first TVS Diode Array in the SP3208 Series, is mechanically optimized to deliver consistently ultra-low capacitance (nominally 0.08 pF). The SP3213-01UTG, the first SP3213 Series device, offers an option for highly cost-conscious ESD protection solutions.
Both of these devices are AEC-Q101-qualified, employ the same base die, and can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes at ±12 kV without performance degradation and dissipate 2 A of 8/20 μs surge current.
Typical applications for SP3208 and SP3213 Series TVS Diode Arrays include:
- Ultra-high speed data lines and interfaces, such as USB 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, 2.0, HDMI 2.1. 2.0, 1.4a, 1.3, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt and V-by-One®,
- Low power antenna ports
- Consumer, mobile and portable electronics
- Tablet PCs and external storage with high speed interfaces
SP3208 and SP3213 Series TVS Diode Arrays offer these benefits:
- Sub-0.1 pF silicon-based ESD protection allows for passbands as high as 30 GHz, enabling high signal integrity for the world’s fastest data interfaces
- Industry-standard 0201DFN packaging with internal construction enhancements reduce parasitic capacitance, inductance, and resistance, making these TVS Diode Arrays easier to model into a protection scheme
- Lower parasitic capacitance and inductance permit better dynamic resistance performance, protecting the circuit faster and better
SP3208 and SP3213 Series TVS Diode Arrays are available in surface-mount µDFN-2 (0201) packages in tape and reel format in quantities of 15,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the SP3213 Series TVS Diode Arrays product page and the SP3208 TVS Diode Arrays product page. For technical questions, please contact: Tim Micun, Business Development Manager, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA Diodes), firstname.lastname@example.org.