With summer upon us, it’s time to catch up on the webinars we might have missed in the last year. I kissed a lot of frogs to bring to you only the princes: the highest value content I found. I wasted some of my time so you don’t have to waste yours. Here is my summer viewing list of high value video content I will be reviewing in this column over the summer.
The half-life for an engineer’s expertise used to be about five years. Now, I think it is three years. If you don’t continually learn about the latest tools, products, components, and design principles, you will fall farther behind, and in three years, your training will be obsolete as an engineer working with state-of-the-art products.
The problem we face as practicing engineers is not that there is no educational information easily available to us, it is that there is a surplus of information. With our time as our most precious possession, the last thing we want to do is waste our time reviewing content that has little value, or even worse, contribute wrong information.
In the last year, my email in basket has had at least one webinar announcement each week. During the school semester, I have little time to view them, and when I do, I usually feel that was 45 minutes I will never get back in my life.
Over the last four years, in this column series, I have reviewed some of the better webinars I recommend as worth watching. Generally, there are seven series that offer consistently high value content. Now that the semester is over and summer is upon us, I intend to go through the latest webinars on these sites to point out in this column the best ones. No time-wasters here.
These are the top seven sources of consistently high value content:
- Signal Integrity Journal Webinars (Full disclosure, I am the technical editor of the Signal Integrity Journal, and I have presented some of these are webinars, but I still highly recommend the others.)
- Keysight University for High-Speed Digital Circuit Design
- Rohde and Schwartz Webinars
- Samtec Geek Speak
- Teledyne LeCroy Webinars (Full disclosure, I am a Fellow at Teledyne LeCroy and some of these webinars are ones I have presented.)
- Yuri Shlepnev Videos
- Robert Feranec Videos (Full disclosure, I am a guest in a number of these videos.)
Check these sites out on your own, or watch this column for my reviews on specific webinars I consider worth watching. If you found a really worthwhile webinar, mention it in the comments section.