The Electronic Design Innovation Conference and Exhibition (EDI CON) USA, the first industry event to bring together RF/microwave and high-speed digital design engineers and system integrators, announced the finalists in its Outstanding Paper Awards for 2017. Papers will be presented at EDI CON USA, September 11-13 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Mass. The Outstanding Paper Awards ceremony will announce the winners and take place at 4:30 PM on Wednesday, September 13 in the Frequency Matters Theater on the show floor.
The Outstanding Paper Award finalists were selected from papers submitted to the conference, which will host more than 100 exhibitors and feature 88 education sessions that fall into five focused areas: RF & Microwave Design, High-Speed Digital Design, Measurement & Modeling, Systems Engineering and 5G Advanced Communications. The EDI CON USA 2017 Technical Advisory Committee evaluated the papers for quality, relevance and educational impact. “Congratulations to all of the finalists,” said Janine Love, event director, “the Technical Advisory Committee members were very impressed by the strength and quality of this year’s papers.”
EDI CON USA 2017 Outstanding Paper Award Finalists:
Category: Student Paper
- Analysis of a Simple CTLE optimization Algorithm for Lossy Channels, Ameya Ramdurgkar, University of Colorado Boulder
- An Efficient Method for Glass Weave Skew Simulations, Ravi Chandra Bollimuntha & Dharma Paladugu, University of Colorado Boulder
- A Family of Secondary Surveillance Radars based on Conformal Antenna Array Geometries, Leopoldo Infante, Leonardo SpA
- Enhanced target detection and localization by cueing in multistatic passive-active radar systems, Tadeusz Brenner, Leszek Lamentowski and Roman Mularzuk, PIT- RADWAR SA
- Innovative Algorithm for Wide Band Digital Signal Processing in modern AESA RADAR Architecture, Roberto Lalli, Caterina Rapisarda, Valerio Tocca and Alessandro Manuale, Leonardo Company S.p.A.
- Technology Trends for Future Radar, Johannes Pieter Bezouwen and Michael Brandfass, HENSOLDT
- Ultrawideband DPD: The rewards and challenges of implementation in cable distribution systems, Frank Kearney and Patrick Pratt, Analog Devices
- How are Complex Mixers, Zero IF Architectures, and Advanced Algorithms enabling the next generation of transceiver radios? Frank Kearney and David Frizelle, Analog Devices
- Overcoming Assembly Challenges with Bottom Termination Components, Brook Sandy-Smith, Indium
Category: Power Integrity & EMI
- Designing Power for Sensitive Circuits, Steve Sandler, Picotest
- Transient Load Tester for Time Domain PDN Validation, Ethan Koether and Istvan Novak, Oracle Corporation
- Shielding Effectiveness Simulation of SMT EMI Gaskets, Charlotte Blair, ANSYS and Chris Kerwien, W.L. Gore & Associates
Category: Signal Integrity
- SI Methodology for Double-Digit Multi-Gigabit Interfaces, Ken Willis, Cadence
- Debugging High Speed SERDES issues in multi-board interconnect systems, Syed Bokhari, Fidus Systems Inc.
- Analyzing Low-Margin SERDES Channels, Granthana Rangaswamy, Juniper Networks
- Addressing DDR5 design challenges with IBIS-AMI modeling techniques, Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
EDI CON USA 2017 is supported by its primary media sponsors, Microwave Journal and Signal Integrity Journal. More information, including how to register for EDI CON USA 2017, is available at www.ediconusa.com. For future planning, EDI CON USA 2018 will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center (Santa Clara, Calif.) on October 17-18, 2018.