The Electronic Design Innovation Conference and Exhibition (EDI CON) USA, the first industry event to bring together RF/microwave and high-speed digital design engineers and system integrators, announced the addition of a full day of training to its conference program at the Hynes Convention Center, September 11-13 in Boston, Mass.
Organizers of EDI CON have invited industry experts to teach three-hour short courses on relevant topics necessary for success in today’s high-speed and high-frequency designs. The day also includes sponsored three-hour training sessions from industry-leading companies. In addition to access to instructors who are preeminent in their respective fields, attendees will be treated to a lunch, networking breaks and an afternoon reception courtesy of the day’s sponsors: Mentor Graphics Corporation, a Siemens business; Teledyne LeCroy; Rohde & Schwarz; and Analog Devices.
Scheduled short courses include:
- Practical Antenna Design for Wireless Products, presented by Henry Lau, Lexiwave Technology, Inc.
- Radar, Phased-Arrays, Metamaterials and MIMO–Basics, Advances And Breakthroughs, presented by Dr. Eli Brookner, retired, Raytheon
- Power Integrity 101, presented by Steve Sandler, founder, Picotest
- Transferring Board Design into PCB Design: Get it Right the First Time, presented by Shalom Shlomi Zigdon, iTech iCollege Israel
- Five Steps to Engineer Transparent Vias in High-Speed Circuit Boards, presented by Eric Bogatin, editor Signal Integrity Journal and dean of Signal Integrity Academy; Sponsored by Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Company
- Practical Board Level Power Integrity Measurement and Design Principles, presented by Eric Bogatin, editor Signal Integrity Journal and dean of Signal Integrity Academy; Sponsored by Teledyne LeCroy
- RF & Bench Essentials for IoT Device Debugging, presented by Greg Bonaguide; Sponsored by Rohde & Schwarz
Attendees will require a conference pass to attend these sessions. More information on the short courses and their abstracts can be found by visiting: www.ediconusa.com/events_sc.asp.
EDI CON USA 2017 is building on its inaugural 2016 conference with multiple parallel tracks covering RF/microwave, high-speed digital and EMC/EMI topics. The conference features these extended short courses on Monday, September 11 followed by technical sessions, invited talks, workshops, panels and exhibition on Tuesday and Wednesday. Technical sessions focus on actionable, educational information for working engineers rather than product pitches and commercial presentations.
This year, EDI CON USA is the biggest RF/microwave industry conference and exhibition in the continental U.S., and the largest high-speed technical conference on the U.S. East Coast. Networking opportunities will abound on the exhibit floor, and attendees can enjoy a welcome reception and happy hour. More information, including registration and how to exhibit, is available at www.ediconusa.com. EDI CON USA 2017 is supported by its primary media sponsors, Microwave Journal and Signal Integrity Journal. For future planning, EDI CON USA 2018 will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center (Santa Clara, Calif.) October 17-18, 2018.