Pico Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance oscilloscopes, RF, and data acquisition equipment, is proud to announce the launch of its next-generation software, PicoScope 7. Building on the success of market-leading PicoScope 6 software, PicoScope 7 has been rewritten to take advantage of the latest PC and display technologies. PicoScope 7 boasts a range of enhanced features and functionality, making it the ideal choice for engineers and technicians looking for precise, reliable, and easy-to-use tools for their test and measurement needs.
PicoScope 7 is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. All current PicoScope models, from the entry-level 2000 Series through to the high-performance 6000E Series are supported, as are legacy PicoScope models dating back a decade or more. The software is free of charge for all PicoScope users.
PicoScope 7 features a range of intuitive tools that streamline workflows and boost productivity, including:
- Comprehensive views to visualize deep memory captures in both time and frequency domains
- Touchscreen support for a more interactive and immersive experience
- Advanced triggers to capture anomalies and glitches with ease
- Automated measurements for common waveform parameters
- Over 30 serial protocol decoders (free of charge) including the latest I3C and CAN XL standards
- Event-driven actions for mask fails, triggers, and more
- The ground-breaking DeepMeasure™ function for analysis of waveform parameters on up to a million cycles with each triggered acquisition
- Advanced math channels, including filters, trigonometry, exponentials, logarithms, statistics, integrals, and derivatives
- Waveform math for real-time comparisons with historical peak, averaged, or filtered waveforms.
Trevor Smith, product manager at Pico Technology, shared his excitement about the launch of PicoScope 7: "We are thrilled to introduce PicoScope 7, a game-changing software upgrade that elevates the capabilities of engineers and technicians who depend on our high-performance oscilloscopes. PicoScope 7 offers the precision and reliability that our customers trust, along with a more intuitive and streamlined user experience. As the foundation for our next-generation PicoScope real-time oscilloscope solutions, PicoScope 7 will continue to evolve with technological advancements."
Looking back at the development project, he added: “PicoScope 7 has been a multi-year project delivered by a talented group of engineers here at Pico Technology. Most importantly, through the project's Early Access beta phase, we have collected and acted on a huge amount of constructive feedback from users of the software. We thank all those users for their suggestions and are pleased to reward them with the UI that they asked for.”