Indium Corporation® has released a new, bismuth (Bi)-based low-temperature alloy developed for low-temperature reflow processes which require enhanced thermal cycling reliability.
Indalloy®303, also known as Bi+, is an innovative alloy that retains the low reflow temperatures required for temperature-sensitive processes while enhancing the lifetime reliability of the solder joint beyond that of traditional low-temperature solders.
As a low-temperature, Pb-free solution, Indalloy303 offers:
- A reflow temperature as low as 170°C
- Excellent thermal cycling performance
- Resistance to hot tearing
- Compatibility with SAC in hybrid BGA joints
- Low voiding.
Indalloy303’s flux vehicle, Indium5.7LT-1, is an air-reflow, halogen-free, no-clean solder paste designed for assembly processes using Bi-based and In-containing low-temperature alloys. It delivers:
- Superior print transfer efficiency
- Clear post-reflow flux residue
- Solder bead and solder ball minimization
- Exceptional wetting on OSP, Immersion Ag, Immersion Sn, and ENIG
- Excellent coalescence of small deposits
- Outstanding SIR performance under challenging low-temperature reflow conditions.