Molex, a global provider of integrated electronic products, will showcase high-speed data connectivity solutions at DesignCon 2017 in Santa Clara, CA, February 1-2, 2017. Molex booth 619 will feature next-generation technologies designed to meet rising data speeds and bandwidth in demanding networking and high performance computing applications.
“As more data is generated and infrastructure moves to the cloud, next-generation I/O and cabling solutions support faster processing, more bandwidth, increased density and thermal management—while maximizing data flow efficiency and reliability in today’s datacenters,” said Jairo Guerrero, director of product marketing, Molex.
At DesignCon 2017, Molex will display the new Quad Small Form Factor Pluggable Double Density (QSFP-DD) System for high-density, high-speed networking. The eight-lane electrical interface operates up to 25 Gbps NRZ modulation or 50 Gbps PAM4—allowing solutions up to 200 Gbps NRZ or 400 Gbps PAM4 aggregate per QSFP-DD port. Other Molex demo and solutions on display will include:
- Impel™ Plus Backplane Connector System achieves data rates up to 56 Gbps with optimal signal integrity performance with a grounding tail aligner that minimizes impedance discontinuities and reduces crosstalk. An innovative signal interface improves insertion loss over in-line beams, pushing frequencies past 30 GHz. Backward and forward compatible to meet future data rates without replacing infrastructure.
- SpeedMezz™ Connector Family offers high densities, low profiles, and data rates up to 56 Gbps per differential pair. A common receptacle footprint between plugs and receptacles can be used for high-speed, low profile mezzanine, rugged edgecard and lower speed applications in telecommunications, networking, and consumer devices.
- High-Speed I/O Passive Copper Cable Assemblies deliver a complete zSFP+® and zQSFP+™ off-the-shelf interconnect solution with data rates as high as 100 Gbps. Meeting multiple industry standards, including IEEE 802.3bj, InfiniBand* EDR and SAS 3.0 specifications, the assembly incorporates all the necessary components of a complete I/O solution from one vendor.
- Combining QSFP+™, Impel™ or near-ASIC connectors with thin Twinax cables, BiPass™ I/O and Backplane Cable Assemblies provide a low-insertion-loss alternative to PCB traces for high bandwidth speeds, efficiency and proper thermal management for densely packed circuits. The integrated, one-piece BiPass™ design with board-mount connectors ensures easy installation in data communications, telecom and networking for 56 Gbps PAM4, 56 Gbps NRZ, and 112 Gbps PAM4 applications.
- Impulse™ Orthogonal Direct Backplane Connector System delivers credible performance and density at a lower applied cost with improved airflow and cost savings by eliminating the need to build and install mid-plane connections. Designed for high-density data center applications, the new Impulse connector system supports data rates of 56 Gbps NRZ and 112 Gbps PAM4 with superior signal integrity.
Additionally, Molex will join other industry experts in two 45-minute technical sessions at DesignCon 2017:
Optimization Methods for High Speed SerDes Channels Using Com Metric: Demand for higher bandwidth has greatly increased the signaling data rates for SerDes. Cost-effective implementation of these high bandwidth channels across high volume manufactured products requires analysis of numerous parameters. The technical session will explore the unique design and manufacturing challenges, and various optimization methods.
Performance Analysis of Interconnects for 112 Gbps PAM4 Data Rates: At high-speed data rates, small imperfections in communication channels contribute significantly to impedance mismatch, transmission resonances, crosstalk, and mode conversion. This technical session will discuss the adverse effects on overall data rate performance, performance limitations and present methods to optimize 112 Gbps data rate with PAM4 modulations.
For more information about next-generation high-speed connectivity, please visit the Molex booth at DesignCon 2017 and visit www.molex.com/designcon2017 or www.molex.com.