Richardson RFPD, Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for two 650 V E-mode gallium nitride transistors from GaN Systems Inc.
The GaN transistors GS-065-060-3-B/T provide low RDS(on) (25 mΩ) and feature a 60 A IDS rating and GaN Systems’ Island Technology® cell layout for high-current die performance and yield. The devices feature an updated design and are offered in GaNpx packaging that enables low inductance and low thermal resistance in a small package.
The GS-065-060-3-B is bottom-side cooled; the GS-065-060-3-T is top-side cooled. Both offer low junction-to-case thermal resistance for demanding high-power applications, including solar inverters, energy storage systems, on-board chargers, uninterruptable power supplies, industrial motor drives, and wireless power transfer.
Additional key features of the GaN transistors include:
- IDS(max): 60 A
- Ultra-low FOM
- Simple gate drive requirements (0 V to 6 V)
- Transient tolerant gate drive (-20 / +10 V)
- High switching frequency (> 10 MHz)
- Fast and controllable fall and rise times
- Reverse conduction capability
- Zero reverse recovery loss
- Small footprint
- Dual gate pads for optimal board layout