Richardson RFPD, Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a new gate driver integrated circuit from Power Integrations, Inc.
The SIC1182K SCALE-iDriver is a high-reliability, single-channel silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFET gate driver that delivers the peak-output gate current without an external boost stage. The new device is available in an eSOP-R16B package. Reinforced galvanic isolation is provided by Power Integrations’ robust solid insulator FluxLink technology. Up to +/-8 A peak output drive current enables the product to drive devices with nominal currents of up to 600 A (typical).
The SIC1182K is suitable for several key industrial applications, including general purpose and servo drives, UPS, PV, welding inverters and power supplies.
Additional key features of the SIC1182K include:
- Advanced active clamping
- UVLO primary and secondary side
- Over-current fault turn-off
- Short-circuit current fault turn-off
- Rail-to-rail stabilized output voltage
- Unipolar supply voltage for secondary side
- Suitable for 600 V / 650 V / 1200 V SiC MOSFET switches
- Up to 150 kHz switching frequency
- Propagation delay jitter ±5 ns
- -40 °C to +125 °C operating ambient temperature
- High common-mode transient immunity
- eSOP package with 9.5 mm creepage and clearance
To find more information or to purchase this product today online, please visit the SIC1182K webpage. The device is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn about additional products from Power Integrations, please visit the Power Integrations storefront webpage.