The R&S NGL200 power supply series from Rohde & Schwarz specifically addresses users in the mobile communications and IoT sectors. The single-channel R&S NGL201 and the two-channel R&S NGL202 deliver up to 60 W of output power per channel. The output channels are floating, galvanically isolated and protected against overload and short circuits. The power supplies can sink power in a controlled manner, enabling them to simulate the specific characteristics of a battery. This series also sets new standards with its capacitive touchscreens and large, high-resolution displays. The optimized user interface is especially intuitive, and temperature-controlled fans ensure extremely quiet operation. Extensive safety functions safeguard the DUT and the power supply in the event of a fault. Key features:
- Power supplies used to power IoT devices and other battery-operated devices or to test semiconductors must be able to handle load changes from a few µA to the ampere range without voltage drops or overshoots. These new power supplies have been designed with fast load recovery time of less than 30 microseconds and minimal overshoot.
- The linear two-quadrant design of the output stages enables the R&S NGL200 power supplies to operate as a source and sink, with automatic switching from source mode to sink mode.
- The R&S NGL200 power supplies feature linear regulation to deliver extremely stable output voltages and currents. This makes them well suited for powering sensitive modules and for developing power amplifiers and MMICs.
- With up to 6 ½ digit resolution for voltage, current and power measurements, the R&S NGL200 series is well suited for characterizing devices that have low power consumption in standby mode and high current in full load operation. The entire measuring range is covered without having to switch ranges. In many cases, an additional digital multimeter is not necessary.
- In addition to channel outputs, the R&S NGL200 series provides connectors for sense lines. USB and LAN interfaces are installed as standard for remote control. The R&S NGL-K102 option adds WLAN support. Digital inputs and outputs are available with the R&S NGL-K103 option, and the R&S NGL-B105 hardware option provides a GPIB (IEEE-488) interface.
The R&S NGL200 power supply series is available now from Rohde & Schwarz and selected distributors. Prices start at EUR 1,900 for the single-channel R&S NGL201 and at EUR 2,900 for the two-channel R&S NGL202. More information is available at: https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/product/ngl200.