TDK Corporation presents the new, extensive B3237* series of EPCOS MKD 3-phase capacitors for filter applications. The capacitors cover a voltage range from 250 VRMS to 850 VRMSin 10 stages and are available with capacitances of between 3 x 10 µF and 3 x 400 µF.
Depending on the type, the capacitors are designed for currents of up to 60 A. Internally, the capacitances are connected in three phases. In accordance with IEC 61071, the life expectancy is about 100,000 hours at the rated voltage, the maximum drop in capacitance being 3 percent from the initial value.
The capacitors are accommodated in robust aluminum cans with M12 bolts on the bottom. Depending on the capacitance, they have a diameter of between 75 mm and 136 mm, and a height of between 163 mm and 350 mm. The capacitors are designed for an operating temperature of between -40 °C and +70 °C.
They are UL-listed and have an internal overpressure disconnector that isolates all three internal capacitors from the feed lines. Typical applications are output filters in power electronic devices such as converters and inverters for industrial and energy applications.
- Output filters in power electronic devices such as converters and inverters for industrial and energy applications
Main features and benefits
- Wide range of rated voltages from 250 VRMS to 850 VRMS
- Capacitance values from 3 x 10 µF to 3 x 400 µF
- Current capability of up to 60 A
- Long life expectancy of 100,000 hours according to IEC 61071
Further information on the products can be found under www.epcos.com/pec.