Berkeley Nucleonics unveiled its latest RF/microwave signal generator, the Model 870A. This advanced instrument is designed to cater to the most demanding applications, offering exceptional performance with ultra-high agility and ultra-low phase noise, spanning an impressive frequency range from 100 kHz to 50 GHz.
One of the standout features of the Model 870A is its newly redesigned touchscreen interface. The intuitive and efficient front-panel control provides users with a seamless experience. Navigating through settings, adjusting parameters, and customizing waveforms has never been easier, allowing researchers, engineers, and technicians to focus on their work rather than wrestling with instrument controls.
Signal purity is a critical factor in any signal generator, and the Model 870A takes it to the next level. The output stage filtering incorporates innovative methods for signal management, resulting in exceptional harmonic performance and minimized spurious outputs. This ensures that the signals you generate are clean, precise, and free from unwanted distortions.
In today's fast-paced world of electronics, speed is everything. The Model 870A boasts impressive switching speeds as standard, down to a mere 500 μs. For those who demand even faster response times, the fast control port option can further reduce switching speeds to a blazing 15 µs. This unparalleled agility ensures that your signal generator keeps up with the most demanding requirements of your applications.
The Model 870A offers multiple connectivity options to suit various setups and environments. You can connect it via Ethernet, USB, or GPIB, making it suitable for a wide range of applications in laboratory, production, or research settings. This versatility ensures that the Model 870A seamlessly integrates into your existing workflow.
To accommodate diverse needs, the Model 870A is available in 1, 2, 3, or 4-channel configurations. The multi-channel versions are housed in a standard 19 in. 1U rack-mountable enclosure, making them perfect for users who require scalability and ease of integration into rack-based systems.
Key features at a glance:
- OCXO < 20 ppb/yr aging (option LN+), ensuring long-term stability and accuracy
- Wide and accurately leveled output power range, covering a broad spectrum of power requirements
- Outstanding phase noise, harmonic, and spurious performance, ensuring signal quality and purity
- Sweep, trigger function, and user-programmable external reference frequency, enhancing versatility and adaptability
- Low power consumption; operating efficiently while minimizing energy usage
- Portable/benchtop or rack-mountable housing form; adaptable to your workspace needs.