Skyworks introduced the latest addition to our broad 802.3bt Power Over Ethernet (PoE) family, the Si3472, and Si3473 PSE controllers. The recently launched Si3474 powers up to four 802.3bt 4-pair Ethernet ports with 90 W per port and supports thermally efficient 200mΩ current sense. The latest Si3472 powers up to four 802.3bt 2-pair Ethernet ports with up to 45 W per port. The latest Si3473 powers up to eight 802.3bt 2-pair Ethernet ports with up to 45 W per port and are backward compatible with previous-generation IEEE802.3at and af standards.
All Skyworks multi-port PSE devices support autonomous or hosted operation, automatically detecting valid Powered Devices (PDs) and cutting off port power when connected PDs are removed. In addition, each PSE device provides a full featured I2C register interface for advanced power management and control.
- IEEE 802.3bt compliant up to 90 W
- High speed integrated flash
- Supports 4 or 8 Ethernet PoE ports/PSE
- Supports 200 mΩ or 255 mΩ current sense resistors
- Compact 5 x 7 or 8 x 8 mm QFN
- Matching portfolio of PoE powered devices (PD)
- Comprehensive development kit with software GUI
- SI3472-KIT and Si3473-KIT
- Leverages the latest industry standard for longevity while still being backwards compatible with IEEE 802.3at and af standards.
- Eliminates the cost and board space requirement of external flash or OTP of competitive solution while enabling much faster boot up.
- Optimized thermal performance
- Easy to use development kits with comprehensive documentation speed your design