GL Communications Inc. announced today its insight into the High Speed OC3/12 and STM1/4 Analysis and Emulation Platform referred to as LightSpeed1000. GL's LightSpeed1000 hardware platform (PCIe Card and USB Pod) is capable of OC-3/12 and STM-1/4 wire-speed processing on optical ports for functions such as BERT, recording, playback, monitoring of channelized and unchannelized applications, such as Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), packet over SONET (PoS), and channelized applications for embedded T3s, E3s, T1s, and E1s.
GL Communications has the following variants of OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4 Analyzers:
Quad OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4 PCI-Express card (Windows® 10, 64-bit is Supported)
Two ports out of the 4 ports are meant for SONET/SDH UnChannelized data. The remaining two ports are meant for SONET/SDH channelized data carrying many independent unframed/framed T1, E1, T3, and E3 streams.
Portable OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4 Unit (Windows® 10, 64-bit is Supported)
The pod consists of 4 optical ports out of which the first two ports are Unchannelized and the last port is used for Gigabit Ethernet (GigE).
- Allows to configure the number of T1 E1 channels to be Multiplexed or Demultiplexed to /from OC-3/12 STM-1/4
- 2 Channelized OC-3 STM-1/OC-12 STM-4 SONET/SDH interfaces per Lightspeed1000 card
- 2 Unchannelized OC-3 STM-1/OC-12 STM-4 interfaces per Lightspeed1000 card
- Channelized ports act as terminal multiplexers and demultiplexers
- Allows direct access to anything and everything on SONET/SDH - Framing and Payload, including structured traffic (DS0, T1, E1, STS-1, DS3 etc) or unstructured traffic (ATM, PoS, etc)
- Scans the received STM-4/STM-1 traffic and identifies the mapping, tributary type (T1/E1), equipped/unequipped status of the tributaries
- Broadcasts the selected T1/E1 channel data on all the 252 E1's or 336 T1's
- Supports any combination of DS0/64/56/16/8 kbps fractional T1/E1, and N x T1/E1 interface definitions (a total of 252 E1s or 336 T1s – in each port)
- Pluggable SFPs allow single-mode (SM), and multi-mode (MM) fiber optic non-intrusive tap
- API for Microsoft® Windows® and Linux operating Systems to develop user specific applications
- Key T1 E1 specific features -
- Comprehensive protocol analysis and emulation - HDLC, SS7, ISDN, CAS, PPP, Frame Relay, ATM and more
- Analysis of DS0s for frequency, power level, spectral display, listen to channel
- GL's proven WCS high level remote interface
- All protocols analyzers can be used with GL's NetSurveyorWeb
More information: website.